Configuring your range extender to work with the router’s network is the main step in the Netgear EX3700 setup. There are various ways to set up a Netgear wifi range extender. The manual method is the best for configuring your Netgear wifi range extender. The manual technique entails logging into your device’s online interface and going through web configuration.
Your Netgear extender can also be configured via the WPS button. With just a push of a button, WPS, or WiFi Protected Setup, enables you to connect your device to the router’s network. You cannot, however, configure any further WiFi extender settings using this method.
This guide for Netgear EX3700 setup, reset, and troubleshooting will discuss almost all the topics related to this particular extender. Make sure you read this guide till the end in order to learn everything about this wireless range extender.
Different Methods for Netgear EX3700 Setup
There are mainly three methods through which you can go about the Netgear Extender setup and configuration. We have discussed all three methods in this section:
Netgear EX3700 Setup using WPS Method
You must confirm that your router supports the WPS method before going about the Netgear EX3700 setup using this approach. The WPS button on your router must be found. If it’s there, your router is compatible with the WPS technique of configuring your extender. The steps are as follows:
- First, turn on your Netgear wifi extender and push the WPS button.
- Go to your WiFi router after that, then press the WPS button.
- Make sure you press the router button within the allotted two minutes.
- After that, hold off for a short while. The Netgear wifi range extender will connect to the network of your router.
- The Netgear wifi extender configuration will finally be finished.
- At last, the Netgear EX3700 setup will be completed successfully.
Netgear EX3700 setup using Manual Method
The manual method requires you to login to the Netgear EX3700 setup wizard manually and then go about the installation. Kindly follow the instructions below to set up your Netgear EX3700 extender:
- Plug your Netgear EX3700 range extender into the power socket close to the router first.
- After that, turn On both your extender and your computer.
- Connect your PC to the network of the extender after that.
- Launch the web browser and type the default web address into the address box.
- http://www.mywifiext.net is the standard Netgear extender configuration address.
- After that, hit Enter to access the Netgear extender login page.
- Click Login after entering the standard username and password in the login areas.
- You are now logged into the Netgear EX3700 setup and configuration page.
- Your gadget will begin looking for active networks as soon as you visit the Netgear wifi range extender setup.
- From the list, choose your home network, then input the password.
- After that, adjust your extender’s wireless settings and click Save.
- The extender will finally restart. The Netgear extender can now be placed anywhere in your house.
Netgear EX3700 Setup using Nighthawk app
Finally, this is the third method to go about the Netgear EX3700 setup and installation. In this method, you need to download the Netgear Nighthawk app to perform the installation of your new extender. Kindly follow the steps below:
- Firstly, download the Nighthawk mobile app on your mobile device.
- Secondly, launch the Nighthawk app on your device.
- Select the item you wish to setup right now.
- It will be the Netgear extender in your case.
- Follow the in-app prompts to perform the Netgear EX3700 setup.
- Finally, you will be required to configure your network’s network name and password.
- The Netgear wifi range extender configuration will be finished at this point.
Troubleshooting the Netgear EX3700 common issues
If you come across any issues with your device, make sure you go about the Netgear EX3700 factory reset process. The Netgear EX3700 reset will make sure to remove all the issues from your device to get it back to life. Here are the steps that can help you reset your device and get rid of the issues:
- Firstly, make sure the Netgear extender is powered On.
- The extender must get an adequate power supply at all times.
- After that, locate the Netgear EX3700 reset button on the side of your device.
- Take a paper clip or any pointed object to press the button.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Do not release the button before the specified time.
- Once you release the button, allow a few seconds for your device to revert to the original settings.
- During this time, all the custom settings and wireless connections will be erased from your device.
- At last, the extender will get back to the factory default settings.
- Now, you just need to go set up your device in order to use it.
Finally, the Netgear EX3700 factory reset will help you get rid of the issues.
Netgear EX3700 Firmware Update
To update the firmware of your extender, you can either use the default web interface or the mobile app. In this section, we will illustrate the Netgear EX3700 firmware update process using common steps:
- Either you can use the online interface or the Nighthawk.
- Use your extender’s default login information to get into the Netgear extender.
- Then proceed to the Firmware Update page by selecting Administration.
- You can go to Settings and then the Firmware page if you are using the mobile app.
- Allow your device to check for new updates.
- Make sure to install the Netgear extender firmware update if it is available.
Finally, the Netgear EX3700 firmware update will be completed successfully.
To connect your Netgear WiFi extender to the router, you need to go to mywifiext.net. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device. Once you install your device, you can connect to your extender’s extended network.
The Netgear EX3700 can offer WiFi speeds up to 750 Mbps. However, the network speed technically depends on your internet service. For instance, your internet service comes with 100 Mbps speed, the extender will broadcast the same network with the same speed.
To go about the Netgear EX3700 factory reset, you need to press and hold the reset button for a good 10 seconds. After that, wait for a few seconds while your extender reverts to the factory default settings. The Netgear EX3700 reset will be successful.
This guide was all about the Netgear EX3700 setup and installation. Moreover, we discussed how to go about the Netgear EX3700 reset and Netgear EX3700 firmware update. It is important that you update your extender’s firmware to the latest version in order to ensure the stability and compatibility of your device with the latest technologies. The firmware update also ensures to set up the latest security patches on your device in order to keep your network safe and secure.
We hope you liked this post and that it helped you to go about the initial configuration of your Netgear extender. If you observe any other issues with your device or you can’t set it up, feel free to talk to our support team for more help.