The Netgear wireless range extender is one of the most reliable yet smart range extenders on the market. If you have recently got a new extender for your home, you just need to set it up and use it to extend your existing wireless network. But what if you observe mywifiext.net not working? For those who don’t know about this URL, it is the internal web address of your extender.
The Netgear extender setup process can be performed through the web address only. Basically, you need to access your extender and then you can configure the initial settings of the device. The initial setup of your device does not take much time, provided you follow the instructions very carefully.
However, this post has been created for those users who can’t set up their extender because of the mywifiext.net not working issue. In this post, we will discuss why this could be happening with your device and how you could solve this issue without having to call an expert.
Why is mywifiext.net not working?
If you come across the Netgear extender setup issues or you see the default web address not working, it could be happening because of some issue. Well, it is pretty common for issues to show up on your device when you are attempting to set up your device for the first time.
To help you understand better, we have put down some of the most common reasons why your Netgear extender web address could not be working:
- Device not connected to the Netgear extender’s network
- Extender powered Off
- Third-party firewall service enabled on your system
- Incompatible web browser
- Insecure network connection
- Restrictions by Antivirus
Any of the aforementioned reasons could be causing this issue to occur on your device. Be sure, we are here to help you get rid of this problem. Follow the subsequent section to find the instructions related to troubleshooting this problem.
How to fix the mywifiext.net not working issue
Now that you have an idea about the possible causes of the Netgear extender setup issues, you can better perform the troubleshooting steps. We have put down some of the tips and tricks to help you get rid of the mywifiext.net not working problem. Make sure you follow these steps very carefully:
- First of all, make sure the Netgear extender is connected to a power outlet.
- If you have connected your device through WiFi, kindly disconnect it.
- Use an Ethernet cable to establish a wired connection between your extender and the PC.
- A wired connection is much safer and more secure than the wireless method.
- Thereafter, open a web browser on your PC and enter the web address in the address bar.
- Make sure you enter the correct web address i.e., mywifiext.net or http://mywifiext.net.
- If you still face the same issue, cross-check whether there are any third-party firewall or antivirus programs installed on your system.
- If yes, kindly disable or deactivate them for some time.
- Make sure the web browser is also updated to the latest version.
- Now, re-attempt to access your device using the same web address.
- Most likely, the web address will work. However, if you still observe mywifiext.net not working, you need to reset your device.
How to reset Netgear extender?
To reset Netgear extender, kindly follow the steps below:
- Keep the extender powered On.
- Locate the reset button and take a paperclip in order to reach the button.
- Press and hold the extender reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release the button and wait for a few seconds.
- Finally, the Netgear extender will be reset to the factory default settings.
Now that you have restored the default settings on your extender, the default web address mywifiext.net will start working. The mywifiext.net not working issue will be resolved.
This post was all about the mywifiext.net not working issue. If you face this issue, you won’t be able to go through the initial Netgear extender setup process. We hope that we were able to help you get rid of the problem with your Netgear extender. If you come across any doubts or have any queries, kindly reach out to our support team for further assistance.