The Netgear EAX20 setup wizard is what helps you go about the Netgear Nighthawk AX1800 setup and installation. The setup wizard of your Netgear extender can be accessed using the default web address mywifiext.net. This URL is responsible to walk you through the login page to ultimately get you to the setup wizard. This model of Netgear extender comes with a number of features that enable a better overall user experience for you.
The Netgear extenders sync with your router’s network to increase its network range and capacity. The main job of this extender is not only to expand the network but also to increase the robustness of the whole setup. This device is used by millions of users across the globe to eliminate dead zones in their homes or offices.
We have created this detailed guide to help you learn everything about the Netgear EAX20 setup and installation. We request you to go through this guide till the end to walk through the Netgear Nighthawk AX1800 setup and configuration without any hassle.
How to prepare for Netgear EAX20 Setup
Basic preparation for the Netgear Nighthawk AX1800 setup is a must. Basically, you are required to ensure a few things are in place. Once all the things are in their place, you can move ahead with the setup with peace of mind. Refer to the instructions given below:
- Firstly, make sure you unbox your extender.
- Find a power outlet or wall socket nearby the router.
- Take note of the WiFi credentials of your existing network.
- The router must be configured appropriately.
- The internet connection should be active.
Thereafter, you can proceed with the setup part of the guide.
Simple steps for Netgear EAX20 Setup
Finally, you need to go through the instructions given in this section. We have listed two main methods to set up your Netgear WiFi extender. You can either use the web interface method or you can configure your device through the WPS method.
Method 1: Netgear Nighthawk AX1800 setup via web GUI
- Firstly, power On your extender. Plug it nearby your router.
- Make sure the wireless router is also working.
- Connect your computer or laptop to the extender’s network.
- Next, launch a web browser on your computer.
- After that, type mywifiext.net in the address bar. Press Enter afterward.
- Now, you will see the login page on the screen. Enter the default login credentials of your device.
- Refer to the wireless label pasted on the backside of the extender or take the product manual handy.
- Once you get inside the Netgear EAX20 setup wizard, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Connect your extender to the router’s network using the login password.
- After that, click Save. The extender will save the configuration and will be ready to use.
Finally, the Netgear Nighthawk AX1800 extender will be set up successfully.
Method 2: Netgear EAX20 Setup via WPS
- Power On your extender and the router as well.
- After that, ensure both devices are placed closely.
- Thereafter, locate the WPS button on your extender and press it once.
- Within a few seconds, press the WPS button on your router as well.
- Make sure you do all this within 1 or 2 minutes.
- After that, wait for a few seconds to allow both devices to sync.
- Next, the extender will reboot to make new changes.
- Finally, the Netgear extender will be set up successfully.
What to do after Netgear Nighthawk AX1800 Setup?
Once you are done with the initial configuration of your device, you are required to place it in a suitable area. Follow the steps below to ensure the optimized installation of your extender:
- Firstly, make sure the place is not too far away from the main router.
- However, it should be a little close to the place where you experience dead zones.
- After that, ensure at least 60% network strength on your extender to allow for its optimized functionality.
- Once you find a suitable place, locate a wall outlet nearby.
- Plug your device into a wall outlet and turn it On.
- Finally, the installation will be completed successfully.
This post was all about the Netgear EAX20 setup and installation. We discussed how to prepare for the Netgear Nighthawk AX1800 setup and configuration in the best way possible. After that, we walked you through the main instructions to help you learn how to configure your device with the router’s network.
We hope you found this post helpful and that it allowed you to perform the initial configuration of your device without any fuss. If you experience more such issues, make sure you get in touch with our support team for more assistance.