The Netgear WiFi Extender Setup helps you configure your device in order to experience an extended WiFi coverage of your main router’s network. Users often buy the Netgear EX8000 extender setup when their main router is unable to provide them enough wireless network coverage. In this case, the Netgear extender proves to be an amazing device as it increases the throughput of your existing WiFi network.
The main motive of going about the setup and Netgear extender firmware update is to perform the initial configuration of your device. It is important for you to go through it as soon as you buy your extender. In case this is your first time setting up an extender, don’t worry. We are here to help you go through all the instructions and steps without any hassle. You must follow this post till the end in order to avoid any hassle.
So without any further ado, let’s start with our Netgear WiFi extender setup guide.
Steps to do before Netgear EX8000 Extender Setup
You can’t directly jump on to the extender setup. If you do so, you may observe your Netgear EX8000 not working properly. So it is always better to prepare yourself for the setup in advance. Follow the below-mentioned steps to prepare for the Netgear WiFi extender setup:
- Unbox your extender and place it nearby your wireless router.
- Plug your extender into a wall outlet nearby the router.
- Turn On your device and make sure the router is also powered On.
- Turn On your computer and connect it to the extender’s network.
- You can either use a wired or wireless connection.
- Once done, you shall go about the Netgear EX8000 extender setup.
Steps for Netgear EX8000 Extender Setup
The Netgear WiFi extender setup and installation are the two main tasks that you will learn in this section. Firstly, we will walk you through the setup/configuration part, and then, you will learn about the installation. Follow the steps carefully:
- Firstly, make sure the router and the extender are powered On.
- Connect your computer to the extender’s network and verify the status on your system.
- Launch a web browser and type mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- Hit Enter and you will reach the Netgear login page.
- Put down the default username and password of your extender into the respective fields.
- Hit Enter. You will see the Netgear EX8000 extender setup wizard.
- Let your extender search for all active WiFi networks around.
- Once you see a list of active networks, locate your home network, and select it.
- Enter your home network’s WiFi password.
- Click Connect. Thereafter, follow the on-screen prompts to configure other WiFi settings.
- Finally, the Netgear WiFi extender setup will be completed successfully.
Now that you are done with the configuration part, you can go ahead with the installation part.
- Once you are done with the setup, please unplug your device.
- Locate a suitable location for your extender.
- Make sure this place is not too far away from the main router.
- The extender must be placed in a way that it eliminates the dead zones and stays well within the router’s network range.
- Turn On your extender and reconnect to the network.
- Now, test whether the extender is working fine or not.
Finally, the Netgear EX8000 extender setup will be completed.
Netgear EX8000 not working. How to fix it?
If you observe your extender not working properly, please make sure you follow the instructions given in this section:
- First of all, reboot your device.
- If your extender does not work even after that, you may want to reset Netgear EX8000 extender.
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds.
- Thereafter, release the reset button and wait for a few seconds.
- The extender may take some time to restore the factory default settings.
- At last, the device will reboot.
- Kindly check whether the Netgear EX8000 not working issue exists or not.
- If it exists, kindly go about the Netgear extender firmware update.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to update your device to the latest firmware version.
- Finally, the issue will be fixed.
- The extender will start running as usual.
This post was all about the Netgear EX8000 extender setup and installation. We hope you got to learn everything about the Netgear WiFi extender setup and installation. Moreover, we also discussed the troubleshooting steps you must follow when you encounter certain issues with your extender.
With this conclusion, we end this setup guide here. We hope you liked this guide and that it assisted you in setting of your Netgear extender. If you experience more such issues or have any doubts, feel free to talk to our support team for more help.