The Netgear Nighthawk EAX18 setup wizard will guide you on how to setup Netgear EAX18 and install it. The Netgear extender setup wizard can be reached via the default web address mywifiext.net. This URL is in charge of guiding you through the login page and eventually getting you to the setup wizard. This Netgear extender model includes a variety of features that will improve your overall user experience.
Netgear extenders communicate with your router’s network to enhance its network range and capacity. This extender’s primary function is to not only extend the network but also to increase the overall robustness of the system. Millions of people throughout the world use this equipment to reduce dead zones in their homes or offices.
We’ve put together this comprehensive tutorial to help you learn everything there is to know about the Netgear EAX18 Nighthawk setup and installation. We ask that you read this guide all the way through so that you can easily setup Netgear EAX18 extender and go about the Netgear firmware update.
How to prepare for Netgear Nighthawk EAX18 Setup
Basic setup for the Netgear Nighthawk setup is required. Basically, you must guarantee that a few things are in place. Once everything is in its proper place, you may proceed with the setup with confidence. Please follow the steps outlined below:
- First and foremost, make sure you unbox your extension.
- Locate a power outlet or wall socket close to the router.
- Take note of your existing network’s WiFi credentials.
- The router must be properly setup.
- The internet connection must be operational.
Different Methods to Setup Netgear EAX18 extender
Finally, you must follow the directions in this section. We have given two techniques for configuring your Netgear WiFi extender. You have two options for configuring your device: the web interface or the WPS technique.
Method 1: Netgear Nighthawk EAX18 Setup via web interface
- First and foremost, power. On your extension. Connect it to your router.
- Check that the wireless router is also operational.
- Connect your computer or laptop to the network of the extension.
- Then, on your computer, open a web browser.
- Thereafter, in the address bar, put mywifiext.net. After that, press Enter.
- The login page will now appear on the screen. Enter your device’s default login credentials.
- Refer to the wireless label on the back of the extension or have the product instructions close at hand.
- Follow the on-screen instructions once you’ve entered the Netgear EAX20 setup process.
- Use the login password to connect your extender to the router’s network.
- Then click the Save button. The configuration will be saved and the extender will be ready to use.
- You will successfully setup Netgear EAX18 extender.
Method 2: Netgear Nighthawk EAX18 Setup via WPS
- Power On both your extension and your router.
- After then, make sure both devices are close together.
- After that, locate and click the WPS button on your extender once.
- Press the WPS button on your router as well within a few seconds.
- Make sure you complete all of this in 1 or 2 minutes.
- Wait a few seconds for both devices to sync after that.
- The extender will then reboot to apply the updated changes.
- Finally, the Netgear extender will be successfully installed.
Steps for Netgear Firmware Update
Once you are done with the Netgear Nighthawk EAX18 setup and installation, you need to go about the firmware update process. To begin the Netgear firmware upgrade, make sure your extender is plugged into a wall outlet. Now, take the following steps:
- To begin, log in to the Netgear wireless extender using mywifiext.net.
- To get to the Netgear Extender login page, type the address into the address field and press Enter.
- Then, to login, enter your extender’s default username and password.
- Then, on the Administration page, click Netgear Firmware Update.
- Finally, follow the on-screen directions to update the firmware on your extender to the most recent version.
How to Reset Netgear Extender?
You will be required to reset your Netgear wireless range extender whenever it encounters some issues. Resetting your extender resolves most issues that you face. Here are the steps to reset Netgear extender using the reset button. Make sure you follow the steps very carefully in order to avoid any hassle:
- To restore your Netgear extender to factory default settings, first locate the reset button on your device.
- Take a toothpick or a pin in your hands once you’ve located the device.
- Now, hit the Netgear extender’s reset button.
- Keep the reset button pressed for at least 7 seconds.
- The lights on your extension will now begin to blink.
- At this point, you must depress the reset button on your wifi range extender.
This article covered the setup and installation of the Netgear Nighthawk EAX18. We talked about how to effectively prepare for the Netgear setup and configuration. Following that, we guided you through the major procedures to teach you how to connect your device to the router’s network.
We hope you found this guide useful and that it enabled you to do the first configuration of your device without too much difficulty. If you encounter any further problems, please contact our support team for further assistance.